Learning Entrepreneurship at Primary Schools
Period of implementation: 1/1/2018 – 31/12/2020
The goal of the project is to improve the quality of education in topics related to entrepreneurship. By doing that, we – in the long-term horizon – help to increase the level of competitiveness of the Czech economy. We aim to meet the goal by facilitating the establishment of 42 Collegial Centres for Education (three in each region of the Czech Republic). Within the established network, qualified pedagogues will be able to share their experience. Also, we will distribute unique teaching materials created based on the best scientific knowledge and adapted according to the specific needs of involved teachers. Pedagogues from both stages of primary schools can enter the project.
The first meeting of directors of 14 newly established Collegial Centres for Education with representatives of Schola Empirica was held in Prague on 5th April 2018. The aim was to inform directors in detail about the goal, aims, and timetable of the project. Besides that, directors attended a workshop focused on various topics related to the theme of the Learning Entrepreneurship project. Before preparing the workshop, we surveyed the preferences of teachers regarding the content of the workshop to ensure its high relevance for them. Final discussion and brainstorming brought to the agenda various ideas on how to ensure the attractiveness of project-related teaching materials. The meeting also served as an opportunity for getting to know each other.
The second meeting in Prague followed on 26th June 2018. Directors gave us first in-depth feedback about the intensity and quality of experience-sharing during monthly sessions of Collegial Centres. They also evaluated the quality of teaching materials provided to them by the expert team of Schola Empirica. Information inquired from the discussion ensured their improvements for future periods.
All members of Collegial Centres were invited to the session held in Technology Centre Hradec Králové on 5th November 2018. Aiming to inspire them and to
increase their competencies in topics related to entrepreneurship, employees of the centre first briefed them about activities of the centre. The main programme focused on facilitation of experience-sharing amongst teachers followed. During final discussion, we were happy to hear that teachers praised functionality of centres and smoothness of administration of the project. This positive feedback indicated the readiness of the project for the expansion planned for 2019.
Project: Learning Enterpreneurship, registration number CZ.02.3.68/0.0/0.0/16_010/0000560
Partnership Organisation – list of partnership primary & secondary schools:
- VOŠ, SŠ, ZŠ a MŠ, Hradec Králové, Štefánikova – ZŠ logopedická (Královéhradecký kraj)
- EDUCAnet – SŠ a ZŠ České Budějovice, s.r.o. (Jihočeský kraj)
- Základní škola a Mateřská škola, Šanov (Jihomoravský kraj)
- Střední škola, základní škola a mateřská škola Kraslice (Karlovarský kraj)
- Základní škola Turnov, Skálova 600 (Liberecký kraj)
- Jubilejní Masarykova ZŠ a MŠ Sedliště (Moravskoslezský kraj)
- Základní škola Plumlov, okres Prostějov (Olomoucký kraj)
- Základní škola, Chrast (Pardubický kraj)
- Základní škola J. V. Sládka Zbiroh (Plzeňský kraj)
- Základní škola Campanus, Praha 4, Jírovcovo náměstí 1782 (Hlavní město Praha)
- Základní škola Jílové u Prahy (Středočeský kraj)
- Základní škola T. G. Masaryka Štětí, 9. května 444 (Ústecký kraj)
- Základní a mateřská škola Jamné (Kraj Vysočina)
- Základní škola Hradčovice, okres Uherské Hradiště (Zlínský kraj)